Submitting the Form:
The Expression of Interest (EOI) Form should be used by applicants to declare their interest in applying to the Youth Power Small Grants program. The Small Grants Selection Committee will review the EOIs and shortlist promising projects which meet the minimum criteria. Applicants of promising projects will be invited to present full proposals (Grant Application Forms) for the final selection.
The following checklist will be used for short listing during the Expression of Interest phase:
• Must be in line with Youth Power objectives and priorities mentioned and include activities that target the involvement of youth in peace building activities, allow youth to be heard, and allow for youth to be involved in reconciliation.
• Projects must include interactive – people-focused – activities and only use a minimal percentage of funds for technical activities (i.e. website setup)
• Activities should target youth between the ages of 15-35
• The proposed projects should allocate a minimum of 10% of their overall budget to communication and outreach material/activities. Youth Power reserves the right to revise and change any communication and outreach material suggested by the grantees.
• The activities proposed under the grant should be completed within a period of 3-4 months, plus 1 month for completion and filing of the reports with Youth Power.
• Applicants should adhere to bi-communal principles and sensitivities, while completing the Small Grant Forms, as well as during the implementation of the activities.
Applications may be submitted in English, Greek or Turkish except for section 4 (summary of the project) which MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENGLISH.
The deadline for this round of applications is Friday 15 February 2013 at 17:00.
Information Days will be held at the Crossroads Caffè (Home for Cooperation, Ledra Palace Buffer Zone, Nicosia) on Monday 21 January and 4 February 2013, 9:00 - 17:00.
For additional information regarding the Youth Power Small Grant Program please refer to the Small Grants General Information .
For additional queries, please contact:
Sezis Thompson at [email protected] or
Katerina Antoniou at [email protected]
Phone: 0090 533 871 0088